The Surrey Research Park is a leading UK science park. Dr. Malcolm Parry OBE, the Park’s Director needed a Tech PR agency with expertise in raising the profile and awareness of STEM companies to help commercialise innovation.
brookscomm’s primary objectives were to:
- Raise international and national awareness via the media about the innovative work being undertaken at the Surrey Research Park.
- Raise the business profile of current STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) tenants to help attract new prospective occupants to the Park.
- Educate and inform the innovation and investment business community about the SRP and the benefits of being a tenant at the Guildford-based park.
brookscomm and Malcolm set out a threefold solution –
- a traditional reputation management and media campaign to ensure that the media and all stakeholders are made aware of Park news and kept up to date with developments.
- a thought leadership campaign – raising awareness of the thinking and future planning of Dr Parry and of the University around entrepreneurship, science parks and their links with the wider economy.
- Research Park News – The SRP management & brookscomm collaborated to develop this magazine publication – showcasing the work at the Park and the scientific and technological innovation accomplished by Park tenant companies.
brookscomm and Dr Parry have evolved a successful ongoing media campaign highlighting developments of the park resulting in regular, targeted media coverage, in combination with key stakeholders such as the University of Surrey and the UK Science Park Association (UKSPA). Examples of this include news article (Surrey Space Centre) and featured content (UKSPA website).
Quarterly content production, liaison and publication of the Surrey Research Park News and distribution to 200 key stakeholders in government, STEM. Ongoing efforts to engage with and include all SRP tenants in the Research Park News – Dr Parry works with us to facilitate this , ensuring that the amazing work in STEM of the tenants is promoted regularly to over 2000 key global influencers in government, business and technology (link to SRP news).