On a chilly November morning, a selection of top IT and Tech journalists braved the elements to join us at the UK launch event for the Blink Home Security & Monitoring system.
Held in the private dining room at the prestigious Ivy restaurant in London, brookscomm’s Media Director, Chaz Brooks welcomed the guests and introduced Blink’s executives. Supported with Blink branded promotional merchandise and press sample products, the scene was set for the Blink team to present an overview of how the company has rapidly grown to become a leading provider of Home Security & Monitoring Technology.
Effective and affordable piece of mind
They detailed why many homeowners are put off from buying security systems due to the perception that they are expensive, require specialist installation involving drilling and unsightly cables. Blink is helping consumers to overcome these challenges with a competitively priced, wireless system.
There was a live product demonstration, showing the journalists and guests how versatile and user-friendly the system is. The Blink executives went on to detail its key features:
- HD video capture with built-in motion detector; when motion detector is triggered, the cameras will send an alert to your smart phone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- Totally wire-free; powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included) and data is sent over Wi-Fi
- Simple self-install in minutes; easy control with the included iOS & Android apps
- Check back in on any Blink camera in real-time with “Live View” streaming mode
- No monthly fees or service contract!
A Q&A session followed the presentation with a very pleasant lunch, as befitting the Ivy, rounding off the day’s activities.