Did you know that one in three PCs running Windows software are infected with malicious software and that one million new forms of virus and malware are created every week?
Computer malware robs your laptop/PC of its resources, causing it to become slow and unresponsive. Viruses are easily automatically installed on your laptop/PC by downloading free software or opening innocuous looking email attachments. Once malicious software gets into Windows it can be impossible to remove with anti-virus software while Windows is running.
brookscomm client FixMeStick has come up with a solution which tackles and removes viruses and malware, including ransomware. The FixMeStick plugs into your PC via a USB port and proceeds to scan and remove all forms of malicious software – reaching the infections that anti-virus programs cannot, and removing malware inadvertently downloaded by a user. It uses three main anti-virus engines, automatically stays up-to-date against the latest viruses and doesn’t need any passwords or software installation to do its work.
Win your Fixmestick!
We are giving away a brand new Fixmestick on behalf our client, which can be used on 3 PC’s for 1 year. Worth £59.99, all you need to do to enter this prize draw is, to find us on Twitter, follow @FixMeStick & @PRexpertsUK and re-tweet – Good Luck!
The competition is open between 15th and 21st December, entrants must reside in the UK. We will pick a random winner and notify them via Twitter on 22nd December. The Fixmestick will be posted to them via recorded delivery on 22nd December. For full competition terms and conditions click here.
Read the latest reviews of Fixmestick here and here.
To buy your own Fixmestick click here.
On a chilly November morning, a selection of top IT and Tech journalists braved the elements to join us at the UK launch event for the Blink Home Security & Monitoring system.
Held in the private dining room at the prestigious Ivy restaurant in London, brookscomm’s Media Director, Chaz Brooks welcomed the guests and introduced Blink’s executives. Supported with Blink branded promotional merchandise and press sample products, the scene was set for the Blink team to present an overview of how the company has rapidly grown to become a leading provider of Home Security & Monitoring Technology.
Effective and affordable piece of mind
They detailed why many homeowners are put off from buying security systems due to the perception that they are expensive, require specialist installation involving drilling and unsightly cables. Blink is helping consumers to overcome these challenges with a competitively priced, wireless system.
There was a live product demonstration, showing the journalists and guests how versatile and user-friendly the system is. The Blink executives went on to detail its key features:
- HD video capture with built-in motion detector; when motion detector is triggered, the cameras will send an alert to your smart phone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- Totally wire-free; powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included) and data is sent over Wi-Fi
- Simple self-install in minutes; easy control with the included iOS & Android apps
- Check back in on any Blink camera in real-time with “Live View” streaming mode
- No monthly fees or service contract!
A Q&A session followed the presentation with a very pleasant lunch, as befitting the Ivy, rounding off the day’s activities.
The Blink systems are now available to buy at the Amazon UK store, to find out more about Blink, read the UK launch press release or visit: www.blinkforhome.co.uk
Good press releases are worth their weight in gold and are solid components of your PR and Marketing armoury.
Professional press releases need to be concise, interesting, thought provoking, and, for best results, should adhere to certain industry guidelines. A press release is a public announcement that your company wishes to make to the media. By its very nature, it should have real news value and be of interest to people outside your organisation.
Our Co-Founder and Managing Director, Mandy Brooks, offers tips on how to write compelling professional press releases that hit the mark:
- Make sure the headline is direct and to the point; just give a short description of what’s being announced. Read the headline and ask yourself – So What? If you are not convinced then try to word it differently for greater impact.
- Keep the first paragraph to three or four simple sentences that answer the following questions: Who? Why? What? When? Where?
- Avoid overselling the company up with meaningless phrases. Instead, try to present the whole story in one easily digestible paragraph.
- The body of the release should exclude all extraneous material. In particular, any phrases that don’t mean anything shouldn’t be in there. If you’re going to describe what a product or a company does, do it without too much marketing jargon.
- Always make sure that the company web site is listed, and that the names, numbers, and email addresses are given for anyone who will be handling enquiries from the press. Name two people, if possible. Add yours/the company’s twitter handle so press can use that for contact or find out more information – both the website link and the twitter link are also valuable for SEO purposes should it be distributed online, or if the press release is published online.
We offer press release & PR training on a range of subjects, from Social Media to speaking to the press.
Call us on 01483 537890 or, alternatively, email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you engage with your target audience successfully using Twitter!
Follow us @PRexpertsUK Linkedin: brookscomm Website: www.brookscomm.com