So what can we do to make the most of our time? Here are some thoughts from our Team Training on this very subject. We have found that these tips really do save those precious seconds, minutes and hours.
1. When do you feel your best during the day? Schedule your work to suit your state of mind, biorhythms or whatever at different times of the day or week. You could even try this link to check your biorhythms 🙂 : http://www.bio-chart.com/
2. Plan your week first and then your day. It will focus you…
3. Let other people know what your goals are! It’s much more fun…
4. Get small, urgent tasks (e.g dealing with voicemail) out of the way first (they must be urgent!)
5. Divide the principal tasks for the day into achievable blocks of work and tackle them one at a time according to importance/urgency. Ensure tasks are achievable
6. Do not allow work (particularly less important work) to take longer than it should. If ten minutes is all a job is worth, make sure it is done in ten minutes
7. Set realistic deadlines for all your activities and decide whether your deadlines are fixed or flexible
8. With longer-term projects, set interim deadlines, as well as a final deadline. Allow time for contingencies. The longer the project, the more contingency time will be needed!
9. Allocate some time each day to clearing the decks